Friday

Recycled Altered Glass Jar

Now this is a technique I love doing.

First I cleaned and dried the glass jar thoroughley, it needs to be absolutely greace free. You can either paint on the jar directly with acrylic paint or cover it first as I did. Using pieces of masking tape I covered my jar completely, making sure I go criss cross with little pieces of tape to create a nice texture.

Before



I then painted over it with Lumiere paint and let it dry overnight, I made sure that I can still use the jar and covered the lid only with paint.

To decorate the jar I cut out 4 squares (to cover all four sides of the jar) with my spellbinders using chipboard because you need a strong surface for the Faux Cloisonne technique. You can find a tutorial of this technique here. I used black utee to create the 3 layers and perfect pearls and moonglow to colour the black layer. With the dragonfly stamp - using the Brilliance Galaxy Gold I stamped in the utee after I re-heated it. The perfect pearl colours mix beautifully with the utee and the Galaxy Gold, I love the effect of this technique.







Materials I used are;
Recycled - Glass Jar
Recycled - Old Chain and Necklace, Old Brooch
Recycled - Thin Chipboard
Aspects Of Design - Dragonfly Stamp
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Classic Squares Large
Tsukineko Versamark - Watermark Stamp Pad
Brilliance Pigment Ink Pad - Galaxy Gold
Ranger Utee - Black
Lindy's Stamp Gang Moon Glow - Tibetian Poppy Teal
Ranger Perfect Pearls - Pearl, Blue Patina, Green Patina
Jacquard Lumiere Paint - Metallic Olive Green, Pearl Turquoise, Halo Blue Gold
Masking Tape


Aspects Of Designs Stamps at The Stamp Man

9 comments:

  1. Wow! It´s gorgeous!
    Happy Easter weekend to you!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow i am loving that technique and your jar is stunning. Fantastic work !!
    Happy Easter
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful project Caroline!!! Love the design and the colours you've used

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh this is gorgeous Caroline, I love altered jars (funnily enough I have just finished one but it won't be blogged for a week or so). You have created great textures and painted it a fabulous colour. The dragonfly is superb.
    Have a Happy Easter weekend.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it's amazing, so beautiful Caroline! I hope you are having a nice Easter!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow dit is so mooi, ik ga het zeker ook eens proberen

    ReplyDelete
  7. my goodness this is so beautiful! glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. just found you back on youtube! btw, my dog's name is Mabu spelled exactly the same way! How did you come up with "Mabu?"

    ReplyDelete