Friday

The Stamp Man Challenge - The Colour Red

Vix is hosting the Stamp Man challenge this time and she has chosen the theme 'The Colour Red'. What a great start and a perfect colour to create something for valentine :)

I actually managed to create a card, not something I would usually do. In fact I created 2!


I used paper from the Prima Botanical 6x6 pad to cut out 9 squares and collaged them onto some creme cardstock. Then I used the woodware Daisy Punches to create some flowers and stamped the lips (Non-Sequitus Across The Miles) on the middle square. I used Versamark and embossed it with Lindy's Embossing Powder in my favourite colour. Inside the card I used a frame stamp from Aspect Of Design - Artistic Elements and another stamp from the Non-Sequitus Across The Miles.

As I was on a roll I created a matching calendar for 2012. I found a tutorial for this calender card here. You can make a card like this in any size embellishing it in any way you want. Mine is in valentine style with a little pocket on the back to add notes. You can easily send it so someone because it folds up flat and fits in an envelope :)



Materials I used are;
Prima Paper Stack 6x6 - Botanical
Card stock - Creme, Red and Kraft
Non-Sequitur Plate 43C - Across The Miles
Aspects Of Designs - 62-Artistic Elements
Tim Holtz Sizzix Alterations - On The Edge Die - Scrollwork (656624)
Lindy's Stamp Gang Moonglow Embossing Powder - Terracotta Plum
Self Adhesive Pearls - Red
Woodware Daisy Punch Set

You can find the materials at The Stamp Man

9 comments:

  1. Great cards Caroline, and what a great idea with the calendar. Across the Miles is one of my favorite stamp sets. love it. Have a beautiful day . Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caroline. I love your soft patchwork effect and then the smack of red lips...very clever.
    Siobhan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looove the lips, they look so real!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic idea, your calendar card looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely Caroline and so exacting...hehe...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards! You should do more of them. And the calendar is beautifully done too.
    I wish you a great creative week!
    Hugs!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card...love the lips! Thanks for the calender card tut, and for commenting on my blog today! i appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These turned out so well! And the calendar card is something I want to make...Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow i love this! This is gorgeous. Great calendar and did you kiss the card?
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete