Friday

The Stamp Man Challenge - Tim Tag Techniques

This challenge is hosted by the talented Brenda and she has chosen "Tim Tag Techniques".  The technique I love is from the 12 tags of Christmas 2008 using the acrylic paint dabbers and clear embossing.

I used 2 stamps from the Christmas 1 sheet of Aspects Of Design - the backgroud and the Spruce. I stamped them with clear embossing ink on background that I covered with black acrylic paint. Once dry I added another layer of acrylic paint, this time in a contrasting colour - Juniper. Before the paint is dry you wipe part of it of using a baby wipe,  it reveals the areas you embossed.

Well the rest was embellishing with die cuts, bling and so on. The reindeer I covered with Cosmic Shimmer Utee in Lapis black and the word Joy with Lindys Moonglow in Terra Cotta Plum (My Favourite!). The word joy is from the movers and shapers die 'Joy', I cut each letter out of the circle. To finish it I added some Diamond Distress stickles. I glued the entire tag on a piece of black cardstock and added some seambinding, a charm and swivel clasp.



Materials I used are;
  • Aspects Of Design - Christmas I (Spruce and Background)
  • Black kraft card
  • Inkessentials Manilla Tags #8
  • Ranger Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber - Black and Juniper
  • Tim Holtz Alterations Bigz Die - Tattered Pinecone (657492)
  • Tim Holtz Alterations Bigz Die - Reindeer Flight (656923)
  • Tim Holtz Alterations Movers & Shapers- Joy (656935)
  • Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Swivel Clasps
  • Ranger Distress Stickles - Diamond
  • Lindys Stamp Gang Moonglow Embossing Powder - Terra Cotta Plum
  • Stampendous Clear Embossing Powder
  • Cosmic Shimmer Ultra Thick Embossing Crystals - Lapis Black
  • Vintage seam binding - Nu Rust
  • Snowflake charm
  • Bling
  • Metal mini bell
You can find the materials at The Stamp Man

7 comments:

  1. Wow this is so gorgeous!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous Caroline - what fabulous colours and elements.
    Thanks for providing such an amazing sample for this challenge.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic tag Caroline. I love the technique for the background. Your colours work really well together. That's the great thing about Tim's Christmas tags - so many great techniques to try. It took me a while to chose just one!!
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh this is gorgeous Caroline! I love the colours and the reindeer looks so good with the shimmery black and love the way you've done his antlers in crystals - Stunning Tag!
    Hope you have a good day!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Christmas tag!
    Hope you are having a great weekend!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete