Friday

Circles

This is my first entry as a design team member for The Stamp Man Fortnightly challenges. I can't believe I said yes, me being so busy with work besides finding it so hard to create with a set theme. Mmmm... we will see... in any case it's probably the only way for me to make time to play ~smile~

Anyway, the challenge this time is circles. Well, no need to say that being a Mandala lover I am adoring this shape! I just HAD to chose something to alter from my stash.... a little round papier mache box that was crying out to be transformed.

I used my favourite technique - crumbled tissue paper (black) - to cover the box and used modpodge to seal it. On top I rubbed some gold Rub n Buff to accent the wrinkles created by the tissue paper.

The lid is decorated with a gorgeous Celtic Mandala stamp from The stamp Man , 78C - Shrines and Icons. I used some plain card stock and sprayed it with Cosmic Shimmer Ancient Copper and stamped the Mandala image on top using black embossing powder. I ten cut it out with my Nestability large circle. To finish it of I added some golden bling to the edge.

Could not leave the inside empty and added a little ' book thingy' (can't find a better word for it). I cut a pile of circles with my Nestability circles, some with chipboard and some with black paper. I used the black paintdabber to cover the edges.

The circles are attached together with a black ribbon. Every black circle is embossed with a Tim Holtz embossing folder.. and glued on the chipboard circles front and back (on top of the ribbon). To accentuate the embossing I again used gold Rub n Buff. In my bling box I found an old broken ear ring with Celtic Knots on it.. perfect to add to the little book.

It was fun! Why don't you come over and play with us!




Materials I used are
Black card stock
The Stampman - 78C Shrines and Icons
Ranger Tim Holtz Paint dabber - Black
Tim Holtz Sizzix Texture Fades
Heat It Up Embossing Powder - Black
Black ribbon
Golden Bling
Recycled - Ear ring

 You can find the materials at The Stampman

5 comments:

  1. Wow this is fabulous and so creative! I just love it.
    Have a great week-end.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Caroline...skype did not do it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful project! Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely idea for this challenge! Welcome to the team.
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete