Monday

Dirty Kissing Technique

My initial plan was to use the Tim Holtz 'Reflections' stamps with the solid pear stamp from Aspects Of Design and stamp with the 'Kissing Technique'. But after some test stamping I decided against it, the text did not show enough and I think I might need some other pigment ink. I will try it again :)

Anyway I found in my stash a great background stamp from Hero Arts - Raindrop Background (S5101) that worked fine for what I was trying to achieve. I inked the pear stamp with Versa Color Bamboo (69) and the Raindrop Background with Brilliance Dew Drop Coffee Bean (BD-54). Then I 'kissed' the pear stamp on the Raindrop stamp and then immidiately stamped the pear on a piece of card stock. I then used clear embossing powder to enhance the colours.

There are all sorts of kissing techniques ~smile~ here is a great video tutorial from the Stamp Goddess.




Materials I used are
Papermania blank card and envelope 5" x 7" Kraft
Aspects Of Design (The Stampman) - Pears
Ranger Tim Holtz Distress inks - Vintage Photo
VersaColor Pigment Ink - Bamboo (VS-69)
Brilliance Dew Drop - Coffee Bean (BD-54)
Card Stock
Textured paper - deep red (no idea where I got this from )
Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
Graphics Fairy Digital Images - Letter
Recycled - Charm, Chain

 You can find most of the materials here:
- Digital Images from Graphics Fairy
- DewDrops, VersaColor, Ranger, Tim Holtz, Aspects Of Design  from The Stampman

5 comments:

  1. Wow i love this card! Fab techniques.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Caroline! On skype it never does it justice. I will have to watch the tutorial. I'm a pear fan! My favourite fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read your post title I wasn't sure what to expect ha ha!

    That's so pretty! Love the little heart - lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Caroline,

    Thanks for having left a comment on my blog during the One World One Heart event. Maybe you want to check out my Oktoberfest giveaway . It would be nice to welcome you back to my blog.

    Greetings from Munich, Germany,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Caroline, I had the same thought about using the 'kissing' technique and experienced the same problem ! Your card is gorgeous ! Welcome to the DT too !
    Sue C
    x

    ReplyDelete