Monday

Finished Mandala Gift

I had to abandon the idea of the super ordinate position of the ego...
I saw that everything, all paths I had been following, all steps I had taken, were leading back to a single point -- namely, to the mid-point.
It became increasingly plain to me that the Mandala is the centre.
It is the exponent of all paths. It is the path to the centre, to individuation...
I knew that in finding the Mandala as an expression of the self
I had attained what was for me the ultimate.

C. G. Jung. (Memories, Dreams, Reflections).

Thought I share the finished mandala with you that I painted for Christine.


I used for the first time Cosmic Shimmer Iridescent Watercolour Paints and I loved it. The frame is painted with Lumiere acrylic paint on top of a texture I created with texture paste. Most important of all she loved it :)

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful! <3
    Have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could I not love him....and I think I got the paints used correctly in my vid...yay..see I was paying attention...lol....like the cd they are both in places where I can see them, and just looking at them inspires me. Thanks...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow i love it! This is so beautiful.
    I like Carl Jung thoughts. I prefer him to Freud! ;-)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The painting is absolutely gorgeous, Caroline! It's great seeing the end results. Love the textured frame as well!
    Knuf

    ReplyDelete