Wednesday

Playing with Alcohol Inks

A short while ago I challenged myself to come out of my comfort zone... and ... try something different, most of all start using the craft products / items I have instead of hording them. Well a bunch of alcohol ink bottles have been sitting on my shelf for ages and to be honest I did not really know what to do with them.

There is a challenge on the stampman challenge blog I would like to enter but the alcohol ink part was scaring me off so to speak. So.... with my new found courage I started to experiment with my inks.

First I tried the dabbing technique on glossy card... mmmmm the result is ok but I'm not overly enthused by it. Then I saw a video on Andy Skinners Blog about an alcohol ink technique, dropping ink in water and scooping it out with paper. Well I tried it today but I'm still not sure.


The 4 on the left are glossy card... the 3 on the right normal paper en ink and water technique. I guess I will have to keep practising... or come up with something else. I will let you know :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Caroline....The one's on the glossy paper are beauties but I think with practice you will get the hang of it with the reg. and they will be as nice as demonstrated in the video...I am going to check out Greg's instructions for making one's own alcohol inks for a fraction of the cost...Since I don't have any it seems like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the four on the glossy paper! Brave girl for stepping out of your comfort zone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caroline, This is a technique I keep meaning to try but haven't got round to yet. Looks like one of those things that you have to experiment with. Personally I love the two bottom left ones!! I think they look very cool!
    Hope you have a good weekend!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete